Juliander, a talented singer-songwriter hailing from Sweden, has made a name for himself through successful collaborations with renowned artists like Alan Walker, Noah Cyrus, and Digital Farm Animals. His unique blend of pop music infused with electronic and dance elements has garnered millions of streams on popular platforms like Spotify. Having graced prestigious stages such as Coachella, Summerburst, and Sunburn, Juliander has captivated audiences worldwide with his stunning performances. Recently, we had the opportunity to interview Juliander on the occasion of his latest EP, “Introspection.” It’s worth noting that Juliander is an avid user of our plugin, Elastique Pitch V2.
– Hi Juliander, thank you for your time and participation. Can you tell us about your journey as a musician? How did you get started, and what inspired you to pursue music professionally?
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had an interest in music and music-making, so it felt like the most natural thing for me to pursue it professionally. I signed a record deal when I was 16, and I’ve worked with music professionally since then. It’s been a long journey, but it started out with a lot of sessions with great songwriters and producers, and then only working by myself for a while to write and produce the songs. I’ve enjoyed every step, and I’m excited to continue my journey.
– Being surrounded by like-minded professionals can be incredibly influential. When you look back on your professional journey, what are some significant accomplishments or milestones that you feel proud of?
Releasing my first single was a big milestone for me, as after that everything started to snowball. Featuring on “All Falls Down” with Alan Walker and Noah Cyrus was another huge milestone for me, as because of that song I’ve also had the privilege to perform around the world and at some of the biggest festivals, like Coachella.
– Your journey is truly inspiring! As time has passed, how has your music transformed, and which influential factors have contributed to shaping your distinctive sound?
It feels like my music is constantly evolving. Some of my first influences were Ed Sheeran and John Mayer. Now I’m listening a lot to Bon Iver, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd and The 1975.
– I can hear the influences in your music, infused with your distinctive touch. Congratulations on the successful release of your latest EP, “Introspection”! I’ve been playing “Who Am I Without You” on repeat. Could you share the story behind this project and what inspired its creation?
Thank you so much! I’m really happy you like “Who Am I Without You”. This is the first project where I’ve explored producing completely on my own. I created 6 out of 7 songs from scratch by myself on this EP. I’ve loved creating the EP and it has been a dream of mine to put out a body of work like this.
– Great job! I’m excited for your upcoming project! Can you share your experience using the Elastique Pitch V2 plugin? How has it enhanced your creative process? Did you use it in the making of Introspection? If yes, could you give an example of how Elastique Pitch V2 played a role?
I mostly use Elastique Pitch V2 to spark some inspiration. I love putting it on the master when you’ve been sitting with a song for a while. Pitching a song up or down a couple of semitones can really make it feel brand new and help you come up with ideas that you wouldn’t have thought of before.
– Nice use case of Elastique Pitch! I’ll try it too. What specific features make Elastique Pitch V2 valuable in your music production? Any suggestions for improvements?
I just love the plug-in’s pitch algorithm. It works really well.
– Thank you! When comparing Elastique Pitch V2 to other pitch manipulation tools you’ve used previously, have you observed any notable benefits or advantages?
I think Elastique Pitch V2 sounds very natural. Sometimes when using other pitch plugins it can give things a robotic sound.
– As an artist, how important is it for you to have access to high-quality and reliable plugins?
Sometimes getting a new plug-in can spark writing an entire new song, so I really love high-quality and reliable plugins.
– In the ocean of plugins available today, decision-making can be tough. Any advice for musicians or producers considering Elastique Pitch V2 for their projects or exploring pitch manipulation techniques in their music?
Go for it! You never know what you can come up with while using Elastique Pitch V2.
– We appreciate you sharing your story. As you gaze into the future, what are your musical aspirations and goals?
I’m just so excited that I’ve released “Introspection,” and I’m already finding the path for my next project, so stay tuned for that!